5 Healthy Fourth of July Snacks
There is no denying that gathering with your friends and family to celebrate the holidays is something very special and is one of the best aspects of the holiday season.
There is also no denying that the pressure to entertain and prepare tasty meals during the holidays may have its impact on clean eating habits.
With the Fourth of July being right around the corner, here are five yummy AND guilt-free recipes that you can wow your guests with this holiday season.
Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
This recipe only requires two ingredients and is a quick and crowd-pleasing snack. You truly can’t go wrong with this one!
- Simply spread softened cream cheese on a slice of salami and roll it up.
- Insert 3 toothpicks into the salami and cut in between the toothpicks to make bite sized pieces.
- You’re done! Serve and enjoy.
Fat 10 g
Protein 2 g
Bacon Wrapped Cauliflower
This recipe is guaranteed to have your mouths watering. This can be placed on the grill or baked in the oven- it is totally up to you!
1 count cauliflower
1 package bacon
- Cut the leaves off and rinse the cauliflower.
- Boil cauliflower in salted water for around 6 minutes.
- Wrap some bacon around the cauliflower.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 10 minutes or grill at 400 degrees (covered) for 7-10 minutes. If you are grilling, don’t forget to flip!
- Let cool and chop into pieces, and enjoy!
Fat 3 g
Carbs 1 g
Protein 6 g
Keto Pigs in a Blanket
¾ cup almond flour
1 ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp. Cream cheese
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1 pinch of salt
Hot dogs or Smoked Sausage
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl, add cream cheese and microwave for one minute.
2. Stir and cook for another 30 seconds. Then mix egg, Italian seasoning, salt and stir.
3. Separate the dough into 8 sections and roll into balls.
4. Using your hand, flatten and roll dough around a hot dog.
5. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, seam side down. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired, and bake for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown!
Fat 27 g
Carbs 7 g
Protein 16 g
Keto Crispy Zucchini Fries
These zucchini fries are crispy and keto friendly, and taste just like french fries without the guilt! These are guaranteed to keep your crowd satisfied and wanting more.
2 medium zucchini
1 large egg
1 tbsp. Low carb ranch dressing or mayonnaise
1 cup almond flour
½ tsp. Garlic powder
½ tsp. Black pepper
½ tsp. Garlic salt
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice zucchini into thin fry shapes and pat the zucchini dry.
3. In one bowl, combine egg and ranch dressing or mayonnaise. Mix until well combined.
4. In another bowl, combine almond flour, spices and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
5. Coat the zucchini in the egg mixture and then the almond flour mixture.
6. Spread evenly on a pan sprayed generously with cooking spray. Lightly spray the fries with cooking spray to get them nice and crispy.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn carefully and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool and serve with dipping sauce of choice!
Fat 1 g
Carbs 14 g
Protein 8 g
Low Calorie Greek Pasta Salad
You simply can’t have a party in the summer without serving some kind of pasta salad- I don’t make the rules. This Greek Salad is light and fresh and is perfect for a Fourth of July celebration.
16 oz. whole-wheat or gluten free pasta (rotini, cavatappi, bowtie)
3 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Kalamata olives (Pitted and halved)
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1 large cucumber, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
Optional: Fresh Oregano for garnish.
1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pour pasta in and cook according to package instructions.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. In a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
4. Add the olives and red onion.
5. Stir in the pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and bell pepper and toss well.
6. Top with feta cheese before serving and enjoy!
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 164 mg
Carbs 24 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g
Add these yummy snacks to your cookbook! These snacks are guaranteed to leave your party guests with a full stomach, minus the guilt.
Happy Fourth of July everyone!